The tower was originally built in 1432, as a brick tower of the Sint Willibrorduskerk. In 1817, a light with a red colored superstructure was placed by a design of J. Valk. In 1831, a fire destroyed the church, the tower alone remained intact. The tower consists of six floors and has a height of 53 meters. The lighthouse is located at the beginning of the main street called the Zuidstraat, and is unmanned and opened periodically to the public.
The public can then climb the tower to the roof of the tower.
Name: 't Hoge Licht
Tower height: 52,3 m
Light height (above sea level): 49,0 m
Stair treads: 197
Open to the public: ja
Closed in case of storm or bad weather